Tools That Can Help You Record Zoom Meeting on Mac
Whether you are a host or a participant, you can record the meeting. There are 4 ways for you to choose from.
- Use Zoom built-in recorder. Zoom itself offers a built-in recording feature. However, only the host or participants with permission from the host can use this feature. All participants will be notified when the recording has started.
- Use Mac built-in recorder. Macbooks come with QuickTime Player, which can record the screen and audio. However, additional software is needed if you want to record the audio.
- Use a third third-party recorder. To easily record Zoom meeting in high quality, a third-party program like AWZ Mac Screen Recorder would be a good choice. These tools often offer more advanced features.
- Use an online recorder. Many web-based services can capture your screen activity. You can complete the recording through the browser.
Which method to choose depends on your needs and preferences. Of course, a professional tool will make things easier. You can click the button below to get AWZ Mac Screen Recorder and start recording.
Or you can make your choice after knowing all the details. Just keep reading this guide provided by AWZware to see how to record Zoom Meeting on Mac using these 4 tools.
How to Record Zoom Meeting without Permission on Mac
Let’s first see how to record Zoom meeting without permission on Mac. However, please note that this is generally against Zoom's terms of service and could violate privacy laws or ethical guidelines.
Way 1. Record Zoom Meeting on Mac via QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is one preinstalled program on all Mac computers. It is a discontinued extensible multimedia architecture and people usually use it to play video and audio files. You can take advantage of its Screen Recording feature to record Zoom meeting.
However, it can only record your own voice. If you need to record the voices of other participants, then you need to install a plugin called Soundflower. Check to learn how to record Zoom meeting on Mac via QuickTime Player:
1. Open QuickTime Player, click File from the menu bar > choose New Screen Recording.
2. Choose to record the entire screen or drag to select a portion of the screen to record.
3. Click Options to choose your sound source and adjust other settings.
4. Open Zoom and join or start your meeting.
5. Go back to QuickTime Player and click the Record button.
6. To stop recording, click the Stop button in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Or you can press Command + Control + ESC.
After that, QuickTime Player will then automatically open the recording. To save the recording, go to File and then Save to save your recording to a desired location on your Mac.
Way 2. Record Zoom Meeting on Mac via AWZ Mac Screen Recorder
If you want more control over recording, AWZ Mac Screen Recorder is the way to go. With this professional recorder, you can get a high-quality Zoom recording in a few clicks.
⭐ It can record Zoom meeting without host permission and the other party won't know you're recording.
⭐ It lets you choose exactly what part of the screen to record - focus on the Zoom meeting window or any part of the webcam/screen.
⭐ It allows you to record Zoom meeting with or without audio. Supports recording your voice and the other person's voice at the same time.
You can click the download button below to get AWZ Mac Screen Recorder and follow the steps to record Zoom meeting.
1. Open AWZ Mac Screen Recorder > Go to Record Screen > Click the drop-down icon to adjust the recording area.
2. Choose the audio source > Select the recording device.
3. When ready, click the REC button and recording will begin in 3 seconds.
4. Click the Stop button and go to Recording List to check the play, trim or share the recording.
Way 3. Record Zoom Meeting on Mac via Media.io
Online recorders are generally user-friendly and don’t require heavy software installations. If you occasionally need to make recordings, online tools are a good choice. To ensure a smooth recording, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
Its video quality may not be as good as that recorded by professional software, especially if the internet speed is not ideal. If you don't mind this, read on to see how to record Zoom meeting on Mac with Media.io. You can also choose Loom, Screencast-O-Matic or Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder.
1. Open your browser and go to https://www.media.io/record-zoom-meetings.html.
2. Click Record Zoom Now.
3. Select Screen only > Select the input device.
4. On the next window, choose the Zoom window and click Share.
5. Click the Stop button to end the recording and download the recording.
How to Record Zoom Meeting on Mac with the Built-in Recorder
If you are the host or have permission from the host, then you can use the built-in recording feature to record meeting on Mac. No tedious steps, just click the record button and start the recording.
As a participant, you should first get permission from the host:
- In the Zoom window, click the Participants button.
- Right-click on your name and select Allow Record.
- Wait for a notification saying that recording privilege is permitted.
Steps to record Zoom meeting on Mac with Zoom’s recorder.
1. Open Zoom app, go to Home > Settings > Recording and you can select a location to save the recording.
2. When in the meeting, click the Record button at the bottom to start the recording.
3. During the recording, you will see a label appear in the top left corner. You can pause and resume the recording at any time.
4. Click the Stop Recording button at the bottom to end the recording and Zoom will convert the recording for viewing.
Is It Legal to Record a Zoom Meeting Secretly?
Recording a Zoom meeting without permission raises legal and ethical issues. It's important to respect privacy and adhere to consent laws, which vary by region but often require the consent of all participants for recording conversations, especially in private settings.
In addition, unauthorized recording may violate Zoom's terms of service and lead to account suspension or other consequences. It's always best to seek explicit permission from the meeting host and inform all participants before recording a Zoom meeting. This approach ensures compliance with legal requirements and respects the privacy and rights of all participants.
That’s all about how to record Zoom meeting on Mac. While Zoom has a built-in recorder, its functionality is pretty basic. Luckily, you can use other tools to record the meeting in the way you like. For those who want a powerful and easy-to-use tool, AWZ Mac Screen Recorder is the way to go!