Can You Schedule Instagram Posts?
To find out if you can schedule posts on Instagram, you first need to figure out the types of your account. There are three account types: Personal, Creator, and Business. The latter two are also called Professional accounts.
In general, as long as you have a Creator account or Business account, then you will have the option to schedule your posts with the Instagram app. In addition, you can add a Professional account to Meta Business Suite, a tool that supports Facebook and Instagram account management, to help you schedule the posts.
That’s to say, it’s possible to schedule Instagram posts without third-party app. All you have to do is create a professional account and then you can schedule your posts on your phone or computer. In this guide provided by AWZware, I will show you all the steps and details.
How to Create Professional Accounts
As mentioned before, if you want to schedule posts on Instagram, a professional account is needed. Below is an example of creating a professional account on iPhone. The steps are pretty much the same on an Android phone or computer.
1. Go to the profile page and tap the 3-lines button > Choose Settings and privacy.
2. Tap Account type and tools> Choose Switch to professional account > Tap Continue.
3. Select a category > Choose Creator or Business and tap Next.
4. Then you can set up your professional account. If you want to set it up later, you can click ✖️ button.
You only get the ability to schedule Instagram posts if the Professional account is connected to the Facebook Page. If you already have a Facebook Page, then you can immediately link your professional account to it. If not, you can follow the steps below to create your Facebook Page and link your Instagram account.
1. Open your browser and go to https://www.facebook.com/ > Log in to your account > Click the nine-dots icon in the top right corner and choose Pages.
2. Enter the information and click Create Page.
3. After you have created the Page, click Meta Business Suite from the sidebar.
4. Click Settings > Select Business assets > Choose Add assets.
5. On the pop-up window, choose Instagram account and add your Instagram account.
Now that you have met the requirements needed to schedule a post, photos, or reels. Keep reading to learn how to schedule Instagram posts.
How to Schedule Instagram Posts Directly
Let’s see how to schedule Instagram posts without third-party app. When you have a professional account that has linked to your Facebook Page, you can follow the steps below to schedule your posts. You can schedule up to 25 posts one day and up to 75 days in advance.
1. In the Instagram app, tap the + button to create a post.
2. Edit the post as usual.
3. On the New post page, tap Advanced settings.
4. Turn on Schedule this post > Select the desired date and time > Tap Set time to confirm.
5. Go back to the previous page > Tap Schedule.
Problem: Schedule this post button not showing up
You have created a professional account and have linked the account to Facebook Page, but still can't schedule the post?
- You can try to update the Instagram app. The new feature always comes with updates.
- Maybe your region doesn't support this function right now. In this case, you can take advantage of Meta Business Suite to help you achieve the goal. The following part will show you the steps.
How to Schedule Instagram Posts with Meta Business Suite
If you are using a computer, then let Meta Business Suite help you schedule your posts. By the way, it also can help you schedule posts on Facebook. Read on to see how to schedule posts on Instagram with this tool.
1. Go to facebook.com and log in to your Facebook account > Go to the Home page and click Pages from the sidebar > Choose Meta Business Suite.
2. Click Create post, Create reel, or Create story as per your needs.
3. Select your Instagram account and edit the post.
4. After that, turn on Set date and time > Choose the desired date and time. You can also enable Active times to schedule your post for the times when your audience is most active.
5. Finally, click Schedule button.
When you want to check or edit the scheduled posts, you can click Planner from the sidebar.
That’s all about how to schedule Instagram posts for free without third-party app. If your region supports scheduling posts directly through the app, all you have to do is create a professional account and link it to your Facebook Page. If not, Meta Business Suite is the way to go. You can access it via the web or using the app. Just share this post to help more people!