Can You Remove Echo from Audio Recording?
Microphones pick up a variety of sounds. When a sound wave touches the surface of an object, it bounces back, and the microphone picks up this bounce, which is the echo heard in the audio. The echo does nothing but clutter up the audio.
So can you remove echo from audio? Fortunately, the answer is Yes! Many audio editors provide tools to eliminate echo. In addition, you can use an online app to help you accomplish that task quickly. Just keep reading this guide provided by AWZware to see how to remove echo from audio for free.
A good way to avoid echoes is to use a recorder that can block out background noise. You can click the download button to get the recorder. It is available on both Win & Mac.
- User-friendly interface & Easy-to-use
- Record audio from computer & from you
- Automatically block extraneous sounds
How to Remove Echo from Audio Online
Let’s first see how to remove echo from audio online. There is no need to install any program or plugin and you can get the job done via the browser. Some tools utilize AI to accurately detect and eliminate noise. Voice.ai, Media.io and Veed.io are three recommended online echo removers.
Here, let me take Voice.ai as an example to show you how to remove echo from audio online.
1. Open your browser and go to https://voice.ai/tools/echo-remover.
2. Click Upload Audio to upload the audio file.
3. Click Convert Audio option and wait for the process to complete.
4. Click Download button to save the audio.
How to Remove Echo from Audio in Audacity
Audacity is a free digital audio editor and recording program. Its rich functionality is loved by many content creators. You can use Audacity to remove background noise, reverb, and echo. Let me show you how to remove echo from audio in Audacity.
1. Get Audacity from its website or Microsoft Store.
2. Click File from the menu bar > Choose Open to add your audio file.
3. Choose a segment where the echo is obvious to the ear.
4. Click Effect from the menu bar > Go to Noise Removal and Repair > Select Noise Reduction...
5. Click Get Noise Profile on the pop-up window.
6. Click Effect again and go to Noise Reduction.
7. You can adjust the slider to control how much echo will be removed and reduced.
8. Preview the clip and click OK.
How to Remove Echo from Audio in Premiere
Adobe Premiere Pro is a timeline-based video editing software application. You can take advantage of its DeReverb effect to remove annoying echo and get a high-quality audio file. Read on to see how to remove echo from audio in Premiere.
1. Download Adobe Premiere Pro from: https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/free-trial-download.html.
2. Drag the audio onto the timeline.
3. Click Effects from the top menu > Go to Audio Effects > Noise Reduction/Restoration and choose DeReverb.
4. Drag DeReverb to the audio and you will see the Effect Controls panel. You can click the > icon to let it show more options and click Edit next to Custom Setup to access Clip Fx Editor window.
- Use the slider to adjust the amount of DeReverb that you want to apply.
- Select the flat line next to Processing Focus.
- Check Auto Gain to take care of the volume while reducing the echo. You can also adjust this yourself.
5. When it’s OK, close the window and save the audio.
Bonus Tip: How to Avoid Echo While Recording
Now you know how to remove echo from audio. However, it's worth stating that there is no software in the world that can help you perfectly remove echoes and other noises from your audio. The best thing to do is to take steps to avoid noise before recording. Here are some tips you can follow.
⭐ Record in a small room. A large space increases the chances of echoes appearing.
⭐ Cover the surface of the room with something as soft as possible. Put down carpets, hang curtains and tapestries.
⭐ Furnishing recording studios with specialized materials. For example, acoustic drop ceiling tiles, echo absorber hanging baffles, acoustic foam panels, sound-dampening underlays, etc.
⭐ Use shotgun microphones and a recorder that can filter out background noise and echoes such as AWZ Screen Recorder. It is able to capture microphone and system sound.
You can click the download button to get this recorder and give it a try.
This guide has more info about recording high-quality audio:
How to Record Audio for Podcast | 3 Easy Ways for Beginner
This guide will tell you how to record audio for podcast. Finding the best tools for recording high-quality audio is one of the keys to success.READ MORE >
That’s all about how to remove echo from audio. Echoes are very common in recordings and you can use the tools mentioned in this article to eliminate echoes, thus leaving behind clean and high-quality audio files. Hope this article will be helpful to you.