Where Can You Record a Podcast?
To ensure sound quality, you need to record in as quiet a space as possible. You don't have to go to a professional recording studio, as long as there are no noise distractions there. You are perfectly capable of creating a good recording space at home.
If necessary, you can soundproof the room. For example, close any air gaps in the room, lay down carpeting, put thick material on the walls, etc. Sound bounces off hard surfaces and creates echoes. Therefore, try to create a space with many soft surfaces. Recording in a closet is not a bad idea.
What Equipment Do You Need to Record Podcast?
To record a podcast, a microphone and headphones are essential. The microphone is used to record your voice while the headphones allow you to monitor the audio.
- If you just want to record your own voice, then you can opt for a USB Microphone. You just need to connect it to your computer and start recording. It is a low-cost way for a beginner.
- If you decide to become a serious podcaster, then comfortable headphones are essential - after all, you may have to wear them for hours at a time.
What’s the Best Way to Record Audio for Podcast?
To record audio for podcast, a reliable recorder is needed. What’s the best way to record audio for podcast? Well, it's hard to have a definitive answer, this depends on the type of device you are using.
⭐ When you are using a computer and want to record your own voice, or all people are in the same room, then you can use the free Audacity to make it.
⭐ Audacity can only record sound from one side. It will not be a good choice if you want to record audio on Skype, Zoom, Discord, etc. When you want to record your voice and another person's voice, you should consider using other recorders like AWZ Screen Recorder.
⭐ If you often need to record podcast online from different locations, then you can use Riverside, a web-based tool. It will record audio locally to ensure the quality.
⭐ You can also use a portable recording device such as Zoom H6 and the Zoom Podtrak. They have microphone access ports.
⭐ It is not recommended to use a cell phone for recording as the audio quality is usually poor. Even if the microphone on your phone is good, it's not as good as a professional microphone.
How to Record Audio for Podcast
There are many tools available to help you record podcast audio. Each tool has its pros and cons. Below we will cover 3 easy-to-use recording tools and how to use them.
Record Audio for Podcast with Audacity
Audacity is one free and open-source audio editing and recording tool. It is loved by many podcasters. For newbies, its interface looks complicated. But if you just want to record an audio, then you don't have to know it all. Now let's see how to record audio for podcast with Audacity.
1. Download Audacity from https://www.audacityteam.org/download/. It is available for Windows and macOS.
2. On the home interface, click Audio Setup and adjust recording settings.
- Choose MME next to Host. Select Core Audio on a Mac computer.
- Select your microphone as the recording device.
- If you want to record two mics but there is no input mixing device, then select 2 (Stereo) Recording Channels under Recording Channels.
- Select your headphones as the playback device.
3. Adjust the microphone volume.
4. When it is ready, click the Record button.
5. Click Stop to end the recording and edit the audio.
6. To export the audio file, click File and choose Export.
If you want to know how to use Audacity to record computer audio, then check this guide:
How to Record Computer Audio with Audacity on PC & Mac
This guide will show you how to record computer audio with Audacity. In addition, you'll learn a way to record high-quality audio.READ MORE >
Record Audio for Podcast with AWZ Screen Recorder
When you want to record your own voice, or audio in Skype, Zoom, Discord, or other platforms, then AWZ Screen Recorder is the way to go.
✅ It will be able to record your voice, and the audio from the computer or record both of them at the same time.
✅ It can also help you to record videos with audio (including the webcam) so that you can post them on YouTube.
With AWZ Screen Recorder, you will be able to record audio from website, from any app, from your microphone. Read on on to see how to record audio for podcast with AWZ Screen Recorder.
1. Download AWZ Screen Recorder.
For Win users:
For Mac users:
2. Launch the tool, then go to Settings to adjust output formats, sample rate, or bitrate.
3. Go to Record Audio > Turn on the channel you want to record.
4. Click the REC button to start.
5. Click the Stop button and the audio file will be saved to the Recording List. Then you can edit the audio and share it.
Record Audio for Podcast with Riverside
If you want to record remotely, i.e. participants are in different locations, then you can use Riverside. It is one web-based app. Everyone can record their own voice directly into the software, so audio quality can be guaranteed. Let me show you how to record audio for podcast online with Riverside.
1. Go to https://riverside.fm/register to create an account.
2. Name your studio and select a recording type > Invite your guests.
3. Test your recording equipment > Click Join Studio.
4. When everyone is there, click the Record button to start.
5. Click Stop button and export the audio file.
That’s all about how to record audio for podcast. Once you have finished recording and editing, you can upload it to any platform such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, etc. Hope you find the guide provided by AWZware helpful.
Share this guide to help more beginners!