Can You Screen Record on Dell Laptop?
If you have ever searched for a screen recorder on your laptop, then you will find that there is no such tool available. So, can you screen record on Dell laptop? The answer is Yes! In fact, there's a built-in tool that can help you record the screen. In addition, you can use a third-party recorder to make things simple.
No matter what activity you want to record, if you use the right tools, then you will be able to get the video you need. Of course, you can choose to screen record with audio. Just keep reading this guide provided by AWZware to learn how to screen record on Dell laptop. You'll learn about some of the most popular recording tools among Dell users and how to use them.
How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop via Xbox Game Bar
Let’s first see how to record screen with the built-in tool. If this tool meets your needs, then you don't have to spend your time downloading other recorders. The tool is called Xbox Game Bar. It is designed to help users record games, but in fact, it can record almost any app and window. By the way, it is only available on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
However, it can only record one window at a time and you can't select the recording area. Recording ends automatically when you leave the window in which you are recording. If that’s OK, then just read on to see how to screen record on Dell laptop via Xbox Game Bar.
1. In case you have not enabled Xbox Game Bar, you can click Start > go to Settings > Gaming to turn on the toggle.
2. Open the app you want to record (You can display the app in full screen) > Press the Windows key and G key together to open Xbox Game Bar.
3. Adjust the recording settings. For example, you can turn on or off the microphone or adjust the volume.
4. When you are ready, click the Start recording button.
5. To end the recording, simply click the Stop Recording button. After that, you can go to See my captures to check the recorded video.
Pros: No need to download any app; Easy-to-use
Cons: Only one window can be recorded at a time; Lack of advanced functions
How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop via AWZ Screen Recorder
If you tend to use a professional recorder to have full control over your recordings, then AWZ Screen Recorder is a good choice. It is one powerful yet easy-to-use screen recorder specially designed for Windows 11/10/8/7 uses. With this tool, you will be able to capture anything on your screen.
⭐ Recording Customization. You can select the area you want to record. It even can record screen and camera together.
⭐ Screen record with audio. You can choose to record screen with system audio/your own voice, or both of them at the same time.
⭐ Record high-quality video. Capture the screen in high-definition quality, ensuring that every pixel is clearly recorded.
⭐ Edit recorded video. You can use the editing tools to cut the unwanted parts or compress them for easy storage and sharing.
Next, I’ll show you how to screen record on Dell laptop with this recorder. You can click the button below to get the tool and follow us.
1. AWZ Screen Recorder allows you to customize the format, frame rate, and quality of your videos. If needed, you can click the hamburger button and go to Settings to set the one you need.
2. Next, select an area you want to record, click Full Screen and you will be able to adjust it as needed.
3. Turn on the audio channel you want to record.
4. If everything is OK, you can click the REC button and the recording will start after 3 seconds. During the recording, you can take screenshots or add annotations.
5. Click the Stop button and the recorded video will be saved to the Recording List. Then, you can play, edit, compress, or share the video.
AWZ Screen is also good at recording streaming video. You can go to this guide to learn more:
Record or Capture Video from Website for Free on Win & Mac
This guide will show you how to record video from website, including the method to capture streaming videos and web activities.READ MORE >
Pros: Easy to use; Can capture anything on the screen; Screen record with audio
Cons: The free trial version has a recording time limit
How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop via OBS Studio
OBS Studio is one free and open-source program that supports screen recording and live-streaming. It allows you to capture any area on the screen. You can record screen, webcam, audio, etc. and easily switch between scenes. However, its complex UI is very unfriendly to newbies. Anyhow, you can read on to see how to record screen on Dell laptop with this tool.
1. Go to Microsoft Store or https://obsproject.com/download to get OBS Studio > Launch it on your computer.
2. Click the “+” button at the bottom > Choose Display Capture and then Create new > Give a name to the recording.
3. Next, you can adjust the aspect ratio and size of the recording window.
4. When it’s ready, click Start Recording.
5. Click Stop Recording and you can go to File to check the recorded video.
Pros: Free to use; Capture multiple scenes
Cons: Takes time to learn how to use it
How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop via VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is loved by many users. In addition to media playback, it offers many other features including screen recording and audio recording. It’s easy to record screen with VLC, however, it is not able to record screen with audio at the same time. If it doesn’t matter, then you can follow the steps below to see how to use VLC to screen record on Dell laptop.
1. Download VLC from Microsoft Store or https://www.videolan.org/vlc/.
2. Click Media from the menu bar > Choose Open Capture Device... option.
3. Then choose Desktop next to Capture mode > Adjust the frame rate (10.00f/ s-15.00f/s is good enough) > Click Convert to continue.
4. Select the outport format and the destination.
5. Click Start and it will start a full-screen recording.
6. Click Stop button when you want to end the recording.
Pros: Free to use
Cons: Only supports full-screen recording; Cannot screen record with audio
How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop via Online Recorder
Actually, you can also choose to use an online recorder to help you capture the screen. These online tools allow you to record screen with audio. Some require a subscription to access their premium features. Here let me take Panoto as an example to show you how to screen record on Dell laptop. Apowersoft, FlexClip, and Screencapture.com are also good choices.
1. Open your browser and go to https://www.panopto.com/record/.
2. Choose Screens and Apps > Choose to Record an app, a window, or the entire screen.
3. After that, click the Recording button to start.
4. When it is finished, you can click the Download button to save it to your laptop.
Pros: No need to download any tools; Easy-to-use
Cons: Requires a stable internet connection
That’s all about how to screen record on Dell laptop in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7. Each of these 5 tools has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you can choose the one that best suits your situation. If you want a full-featured tool to help you capture anything you want, then AWZ Screen Recorder is for you. It can help you record Messenger video calls, online courses, streaming videos, a window, and the entire screen without effort.
- Record anything on the screen with/without audio
- Record 2D/3D games and create game highlight video
- Record clear pure audio or your screen/webcam with audio