In this post, AWZware presents an all-round introduction to 6 handy streaming video capturing software to help you effortlessly record a streaming video. Any device running on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android can give them a try. The OS, pros, and cons are provided to let you choose the most ideal live stream recorder.
Best Streaming Video Recorders for PC & Mac
Desktop software is more stable and provides better quality than online tools. This section shares four desktop video recording applications running on Windows or Mac to help you record streaming videos.
AWZ Screen Recorder (Win & Mac)
- OS: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 & macOS 10.13 or later
AWZ Screen Recorder is equipped with multiple recording tools to meet your diverse needs when capturing a streaming video. Not only does it help you record all kinds of on-screen activities, but it is also capable of recording audio and capturing your webcam together or separately.
Besides, this streaming video recorder has the ability to flexibly configure the recording settings and save your recordings in different formats. It offers video editing tools to quickly cut out unwanted clips at the beginning or end and no additional add-ons are required to download.
- Easy navigation to perform streaming video capturing tasks;
- Free video editing software with no watermarks;
- Record a live stream video without losing FPS;
- Take screenshots and add annotations to document information;
- Share the recording to YouTube, Google Drive, and Dropbox in one click.
- Some advanced features are available for pros users.
Price: $59.9 per year for 1 PC
- OS: Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS
VLC is known for its versatile multimedia player but is also a handy live-stream recorder. In addition to simply recording your screen, it enables you to stream and record videos, live broadcasting, and even games from other channels or websites. When recording your screen with VLC, Full HD and HD are available for demanding users to create high-quality video files. With an intuitive UI, its streaming video recorder is easy to use and eliminates the need to battle with the interface.
- Capture streaming video and audio without latency;
- Able to change or create UI skins and support multiple codecs;
- Allow you to preview the output during recording.
- Don’t have video editing tools;
- Can only record the full screen.
- OS: Windows/Mac/Chrome
Vmaker is a streaming video recorder that lets you capture a live stream with the best sound quality. The noise reduction feature can automatically reduce and even remove the ambient noise around you to make sure the software captures the sound you need clearly. The live stream recorder helps you upload recordings to the cloud to manage all your creative works.
- Add a virtual background when recording a streaming video;
- Draw on the screen to highlight important parts while recording;
- No time limit and 4K resolution is supported.
- Extra money will be charged if you want to upload recordings to YouTube directly;
- Screen recording is not allowed on several streaming platforms.
Price: $84 per year
Best Streaming Vidoe Recorders for Mobile
The mobile device has become one of the most important tools for watching and capturing streaming videos. Therefore, this section will introduce three mobile streaming video-capturing software to help you effortlessly record videos you like.
- OS: iOS/Android
ApowerREC makes it convenient to preschedule a recording task at a specific time. With this tool, you don't have to wait for the live stream you want to watch while worrying about forgetting the time and missing it. This streaming video recorder accepts your camera and microphone as the sources of videos and audio with good quality.
- Customize FPS and resolution to avoid creating an oversized video file;
- Easy tools to edit videos, add watermarks, etc;
- Configure the recording parameters as you like.
- Performance may drop when recording gameplay;
- The floating button disappears frequently.
Price: $69.9 per year
- OS: iOS/Mac
Loom is a streaming video recorder capable of transcribing video content into text with accuracy. It offers HD resolution to let you record live streams sharp and crisp. This app captures your on-screen footage, audio, and webcam together or separately to record your target information.
- Accurate transcribing tool to convert audio into text;
- Share your work with teammates online;
- Add a password to protect your video from unauthorized channels.
- Free users are only allowed to record 5-minute videos;
- The subscription plan is pricy.
Price: $150 per year
- OS: Google Chrome/Safari/Firefox
Speakflow’s live stream recorder is optimal for filming short video updates and messages to share with coworkers. During a remote conference or meeting, it enables you to capture a video with a full screen in full HD quality. Both audio from the speaker and your microphone can be captured, together with your webcam. Besides, the online teleprompter feature allows you to make the speech script displayed on your so that you can keep eye contact with the audience while reading the text.
- Best streaming video recorder to record short videos;
- Auto-scroll the script while reading;
- Easy to collaborate with colleagues online.
- The free plan has a time limit;
- Not suitable for long-time video recording.
Price: $180 per year
After reading the post, did you find out the perfect streaming video recorder to record your favorite live stream? The six tools presented here are all capable of recording live broadcasting, online games, TV shows, and remote meetings on various platforms. For beginners, we recommend AWZ Screen Recorder to help you get started quickly and film quality videos as you want.